The RØDE NT2-A Large-Capsule Studio Condenser Microphone is a professional, one-inch condenser microphone with variable pick-up patterns, high-pass filter, and pad.
3 – 3-position switches located on the mic body provide selection of figure 8, cardioid, or omni polar pick-up patterns; from a flat response to either 80Hz or 40Hz high-pass filter; and pad adjustments of 0dB, -5dB, or -10dB attenuation.
The heart of the NT2-A is the Australian-designed and manufactured Type HF1 dual-diaphragm capsule. The frequency and transient response of this new transducer has been voiced to complement today’s modern recording techniques and yet still evoke the silky smooth character of the legendary microphones of the ’50s and ’60s. Includes a soft pouch and clip.
The RØDE NT2-A represents an uncommon technical achievement. Many mics today look similar, with 1″ capsules, a mesh head, and a cylindrical body. It is only when you look a little deeper and listen carefully that the major differences become apparent. If there weren’t differences, we would all buy $50.00 mics, and be very happy! Many microphones in the same category sell for thousands of dollars. The difference is that the costlier mics are made with the best parts and precision engineered. While these mics are superb, their smaller production volume makes them expensive. They’re hand assembled with parts bought in small quantities
RØDE has changed the industry by pioneering high quality volume production, investing in more design and tooling using the very finest components and capsules. RØDE still offers the NT2-A at a price that would be impossible using older techniques and technologies.
Designed and manufactured at RØDE’s new $10,000,000.00 facility in Sydney, the NT2-A incorporates the latest innovations in transducer design, coupled to RØDE’s surface mount electronics, offering pure signal quality and the lowest noise levels of any microphones with the same features. RØDE is so proud of the NT2-A that they now offer a full 10-year parts And labor guarantee.
Requires phantom power.
Rode NT2-A Features:
- Australian designed and manufactured HF1 1″ edge terminated, gold sputtered, dual 5 um diaphragm capsule
- 3-position variable polar pattern: Omni, Cardioid & Figure 8; all controlled on the mic
- 3-position variable high-pass filter: Flat, 80Hz or 40Hz
- 3-position variable pad: 0dB, -5dB, or -10dB
- Ultra low noise, transformerless SMT circuitry
- Wide dynamic range
- High-strength heat-treated steel mesh head
- Durable satin nickel finish
- Internal capsule shockmounting
- Supplied complete with soft pouch and clip
- Designed and manufactured in Sydney, Australia.